RE: images / alt text / title

From: Jim Thatcher <thatch@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 06:33:08 -0500
To: "Rebecca Cox" <rebecca@cwa.co.nz>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi again Rebecca,

Your buttons should have succinct alt text, best to have the same text as
appears on the button. Screen readers and talking browsers pick that up.

The title attribute is a different kind of beast. I recommmend using that
developers use the title attribute if they wany a tool tip (with mouse over)
that is more informative than the text on the button.

Your statement of "the best thing to do" is the best thing to do.

Jim