Re: Title attribute

From: Timothy Stephen Springer <timsp@ssbtechnologies.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 14:32:12 -0700
CC: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

> But very commonly, a link is one or more words in the middle of a paragraph. When that occurs, reading the title attribute and ignoring the text is absolutely not the desired behavior. I'd actually consider it brain-dead behavior on the part of whatever tool does this.

When you have a textual link that has link text that is descriptive
enough you would not include a title.  When the link text is
insufficient to communicate function you would override it with a title.

What we are talking about is the ability to override the default text of
a link in the case that the text does not accurately describe what a
link does.