Re: Title attribute

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 22:06:46 +0100 (BST)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org

> Does anyone know how other user agents use the title attribute in anchor
> elements?

Lynx uses it as a provisional name for a link in its table of links
display (I think IE may do the same) until the user loads the
referenced page and it can extract the title information.  That
seems a very reasonable thing to do, for me.

I would expect a link title to contain either the title of the
target page (possibly in context - real titles need to stand alone
in bookmark files and search engine results) or a very short abstract
of the content of the referenced page (the page title should, in
effect, be an even shorter abstract).