RE: Is AAA possible?

James,

I went to this page using Netscape 3, which I have set to a black background
with white text because it's easier on the eyes. Oddly, on your page I
couldn't see any text at all, except for the links.

On looking at your page, I see that you set the background color using
bgcolor in the body element. You probably didn't expect me to be surfing
with my browser set to black background/white text, did you?

Although some on this list clearly disagree, I don't think it's possible to
be Triple-A compliant and use XHTML Transitional (not if you use any of the
elements or attributes that make it transitional) and your page is a good
example (the second in one day) showing why.

Had you used pure CSS, your page would have been easily readable to everyone
using Netscape 3, although it wouldn't have been as colorful.

Incidentally, in CSS browsers, this is a very attractive page. Simple,
clean, and elegant. I particularly liked the black and white photos with the
only color being red, thus matching the header.

Some of your text was a little small in Netscape.

Good job (with the above provisos).

Charles F. Munat,
Seattle, Washington