Re: swapping images

From: David Woolley <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:28:20 +0000 (GMT)
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
> possible. My solution so far has been to simply create a D tag (and a
> longdesc attribute for the image tag) for the default image and then
> describe what each image will look like as the user holds their mouse over a
> different link (for an example see

If this is just a button down image, you shouldn't be describing the
image, just the function of the button, if it visual annotation for
mouseover on another link, you should provide the relevant information
in the title attribute of the link; putting it elsewhere on the screen
would just be confusing.  If necessary provide a hidden (or even
eplicit) help link for the link.

In neither case, it seems to me, is it right to associate the descriptions
with the image.