Re: swapping images

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2000 11:23:53 -0500 (EST)
To: Jamie Mackay <Jamie.Mackay@cultureandheritage.govt.nz>
As I understand it, this is really a style effect, not achange in content (in
most cases). So the better way to do it would be to use the :hover
pseudo-element selector in CSS2, but I am not sure how well that is
implemented.

Alternatively, match the onMouseover/onMouseout pair of triggers with an
onfocus/onblur pair and get the script to change the alt attribute of the img
element whose src attribute is being changed, but that depends on the
DOM/script implementations.

This can also be done in SVG, using animation. But the requirements to meet
SVG syntax restrictions make it a little odd. An example of how can be seen
in section 5.2 of the note Accessibility Features of SVG -
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG-access/#Animations - (Technical jargon and content
warning).

cheers

Charles McCN