"invisible" alternate links: accessible?

From: Zachary Mutrux <zacm@etr.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:59:29 -0700
To: WAI <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Ahoy the WAI IG:

What do you think about making certain text the same color as the page
background, if it is intended for users of text-only browsers? I have done
this with alternate text navigation links, which appear at the bottom of
each page in a site I'm working on. My reasoning is that they pose an
unnecessary visual distraction for sighted users, but their color poses no
barrier to users with impaired vision.

I'd be interested to hear what others think of this practice.

zm

--
Zachary Mutrux, IT Generalist, National Service Resource Center
800-860-2684 x.130  |  http://www.etr.org/nsrc