Re: Alternative to PDF

From: Steven McCaffrey <smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 11:25:57 -0400
To: <love26@gorge.net>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

I agree completely.  Well said.

-Steve

Steve McCaffrey
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Information Technology Services
New York State Department of Education
(518)-473-3453
smccaffr@mail.nysed.gov
Member,
New York State Workgroup on Accessibility to Information Technology
Web Design Subcommittee
http://web.nysed.gov/cio/access/webdesignsubcommittee.html

>>> William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net> 08/04/00 01:45PM >>>
I hope this will be my last word on this subject. The issue is in what
format should we be issuing forms *until accessible versions are
online*?

I believe that the best thing to do would be to send them out as hard
copy in Braille. This way the blindless recipients would have to seek
out somebody to read it for them as is now required for blind guys to
do. If the president got all his memos in brl for a day it might get the
point across?

--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE