Re: How do I use CSS to fake a button?

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-edapta@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:06:05 -0700
To: webmaster@dors.sailorsite.net, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 5:20 PM -0400 7/18/00, Bruce Bailey wrote:
>Is there a way to use CSS to make hypertext look like a button?  I
>know how to change the
>appearances of links, but my experimentation has not gotten me
>anything that comes close to
>approximating a "raised three dimensional" look that users have come
>to expect of graphical
>image buttons.

You can view the source of the HTML Writers Guild's web pages --
http://www.hwg.org/ and http://www.hwg.org/styles/ -- as they have
"raised buttons" that are done entirely in CSS + HTML tables, not
in graphics.  Note that this doesn't display as buttons in
Netscape, as Netscape has poor CSS support.
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/