Re: U.S. won't release new Web site regs for review

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:01:37 -0800
To: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:47 PM 2/25/2000 , Kelly Ford wrote:
>The Freedom Forum's fear mongering aside, does anyone know what's up with
>the release of all the 508 accessibility regulations?  Why did the feds
>take such a closed-door approach when it was commonly expected that the
>info would be available on Feb. 7?

Ya got me.  I don't see it as a closed-door approach, though, the way
I read their announcement.

Maybe I'm just too trusting of gummit workers, but this seems more
like typical bureaucracy slowness than any sort of concerted
conspiracy to derive us of our rights. :)

I suppose that Mr. Yanchulis would be the one to ask, though:

For further information contact:

    Dave Yanchulis, The Access Board
    (202) 272-5434, ext. 127 (voice),
    (202) 272-5449 (TTY)