Re: U.S. won't release new Web site regs for review

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:01:37 -0800
To: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:47 PM 2/25/2000 , Kelly Ford wrote:
>The Freedom Forum's fear mongering aside, does anyone know what's up with
>the release of all the 508 accessibility regulations?  Why did the feds
>take such a closed-door approach when it was commonly expected that the
>info would be available on Feb. 7?

Ya got me.  I don't see it as a closed-door approach, though, the way
I read their announcement.

http://www.access-board.gov/508Update.htm

Maybe I'm just too trusting of gummit workers, but this seems more
like typical bureaucracy slowness than any sort of concerted
conspiracy to derive us of our rights. :)

I suppose that Mr. Yanchulis would be the one to ask, though:

For further information contact:

    Dave Yanchulis, The Access Board
    (202) 272-5434, ext. 127 (voice),
    (202) 272-5449 (TTY)