RE: About ABBR

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 14:17:48 -0800
To: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 11:50 AM 2/19/2000 , Scott Luebking wrote:
>Following this thread has been kind of interesting.  It reminds me of
>discussions I've had at various points in my life as a disabled person
>with other disabled people.  It often takes much less effort to ask someone to
>do something than it is to actually do the task.  This fact can cause a
>disabled person to forget that their requests can cause a lot more work
>for another person.  The question to ask is it important enough to request
>someone else to take the time to do the needed work?  Is it a necessity
>or just a convenience?

Scott, this is an excellent point -- and I don't think it's true
just for people with disabilities, either! :)  Many times all of us
look at what we ask of people, and if it makes OUR lives easier, we
are for it -- but we might not think of the effect it has on _their_
lives.

If it saves you $1.00 but costs me $2.00, is that a fair trade-off?

There are no easy answers here, and clearly the best path is one
down the middle and not on either extreme.  Thanks for your
insight!