Re: About ABBR

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 12:36:18 -0500
To: lake@netscape.com (Lakespur Roca)
At 09:22 AM 2/18/00 -0800, Lakespur Roca wrote:
>Your Metaphore is off a bit. What you are actually asking these "builders"
>to do
>is build for Florida weather and make it earthquake safe. California
>builders know
>about Earthquake regulations, new materials and techniques for this but
Florida
>builders are not expected to have that expertese.

I disagree.

Accessible design is not different, nor difficult. Sites can be single-A
compliant without even trying if they use valid HTML and even marginal
design sense.

If it's *costing money* to do that, then we should be looking at the skills
of those hired, not at whether or not one should design accessibly.

Ann
---
Just Released! - HTML BY Example
Now shipping -  Mastering XML
Also in print:  Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials

Founder, WebGeek Communications            http://www.webgeek.com
Vice President-Finance, HTML Writers Guild http://www.hwg.org
Director, HWG Online Education             http://www.hwg.org/services/classes