Re: Computerworld Online - Does disabilities act apply to cyberspace?

From: Lloyd G. Rasmussen <lras@loc.gov>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:38:52 -0500
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
I just discovered that a couple of my outgoing messages didn't go to the
intended audience.  ...

>Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 09:12:57 -0500
>To: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>
>From: "Lloyd G. Rasmussen" <lras@loc.gov>
>Subject: Re: Computerworld Online - Does disabilities act apply to
cyberspace?

>I shouldn't say this without looking more carefully.  But many of the WAI
guidelines documents point into the techniques documents for examples.
This is fine when the information is read on a web browser, as I think it
should be.  But more often than we would like, people print pages to paper
and take them away from their computers, and they don't get the whole
message because they didn't print it all out.

>At 07:16 PM 2/9/00 -0800, you wrote:
>>Hi,
>>
>>Perhaps it's an indication that there needs be an additional phrase or
>>sentence to emphasize the intent. I often use examples to be sure
>>that the meaning is getting through.
>>
>>Scott

Lloyd Rasmussen, Senior Staff Engineer
National Library Service f/t Blind and Physically Handicapped
Library of Congress    (202) 707-0535  <lras@loc.gov>
<http://www.loc.gov/nls/>
HOME:  <lras@sprynet.com>   <http://lras.home.sprynet.com