Re: Frames [Re: ADA Applies to Web]

aloha, mark!

unfortunately, that option seems only to be available in the Mac version of
IE, not in the PC version -- at least not in any version to which i have
access (i have 4.01 and 5.1 installed on my Win95B box)

gregory.

At 06:31 AM 2/16/00 -0500, you wrote:
>ms ie version 4.5 allows you to disable frames.
>
>(1) edit
>(2) preferences
>(3) web content
>(4) uncheck: show frames.
>
>i think icab also allows you to disable frames.
><URI:http://members.aol.com/joppich/iCab_Pre1.9_English_PPC.sit>
>

> > From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
>
> > SO far as I know the answer is that neither Netscape nor IE current
> versions
> > allow support for frames to be turned off.
>

> > On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Patrick Burke wrote:
>
> > I'm asking out of theoretical curiosity. If someone designed a functional
> > NOFRAMES section conveying all the information of the frames page, would an
> > IE/Nets user be stuck with the framey version?
>

> > At 05:15 PM 2/13/00 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>
> >> The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines require that Frames have
> meaningful
> >> names/titles, and should also have alternative navigation mechanisms
> provided
> >> by use of the NOFRAMES element
>
>--
>Mark Andrew Nassy, <URI:mailto:nassy@mac.com>

He that lives on Hope, dies farting
      -- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, 1763
Gregory J. Rosmaita <unagi69@concentric.net>
    WebMaster and Minister of Propaganda, VICUG NYC
         <http://www.hicom.net/~oedipus/vicug/index.html>