Re: Frames [Re: ADA Applies to Web]

Hi All.

I find this thread on accessibility of FRAMES very interesting as a
user-agent developer.  We have just recently enhanced our product, a
telephone-based browser, to support frames, but have been disappointed by
the marginal increase in accessibility.  We have observed as Martin
McCormick, that many FRAMES are either labeled poorly or not at all.  I
have yet to run into a site that has anything in the NOFRAMES section other
than a "raspberry" (sorry, but you lose) or a link to upgrade.  To me, this
is the height of laziness in web design -- hard is it to throw your main
index link and perhaps a few more in between two tags?

We currently support a 'deep link', that may be stored for later sessions,
but someone may not get that far if they can't even navigate the initial
FRAMESET properly.  We would be happy to modify our browser with either a
setting that turns off frames or perhaps even better, chooses the NOFRAMES
option automatically if available -- if, we thought there was any NOFRAMES
content out there.  Does anyone know of a site that actually implements
NOFRAMES?

Regards,

Richard Premack
richardp@akamail.com