Computerworld article on hearings

From: Charles F. Munat <chas@munat.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:55:37 -0800
To: "WAI Interest Group" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
From
http://www.computerworld.com/home/print.nsf/CWFlash/000209E812

"Federal Web site operators will have to make a number of changes to comply with these regulations, such as including streaming audio or audio files to accompany text. The rules may also require captioning for video and restrict the use of color to display information. Web sites will also have to provide formats that are compatible with braille- and speech-synthesis devices.

"Other provisions may ban touch screens and prohibit moving text and animation unless there are no alternatives."

I presume that this is simpy bad reporting and that the proposed federal regulations do not differ so severely from the WCAG. Am I right?

Charles Munat
Munat, Inc.
Seattle, Washington