RE: Validation as test for basic accessibility

From: Steven McCaffrey <smccaffr@MAIL.NYSED.GOV>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 09:27:35 -0500
To: <kasday@acm.org>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>

Yes to both.
-Steve

>>> "Leonard R. Kasday" <kasday@acm.org> 01/20/00 02:01PM >>>
There's been a lot of opinions here, including mine, so I just want to
check something.  I think everyone would concur with the following.

1. Making a page valid HTML 4 doesn't guarantee accessibility.
2. Nevertheless, there are least some situations in which it's
strategically useful to start out asking for HTML Validity.

Am I right that everyone concurs with both of these?

Len
-------
Leonard R. Kasday, Ph.D.
Institute on Disabilities/UAP, and
Department of Electrical Engineering
Temple University
423 Ritter Annex, Philadelphia, PA 19122

kasday@acm.org
http://astro.temple.edu/~kasday

(215) 204-2247 (voice)
(800) 750-7428 (TTY)