RE: Testing Setup for Accessible Web Sites/Applications

From: Jamie Fox <jfox@fenix2.dol-esa.gov>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2000 09:46:58 -0500
To: "'Reidy Brown'" <rbrown@blackboard.com>, "'EASI-ED3 EASI Online Workshop: Creating Accessible HTML'" <EASI-ED3@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU>
Cc: "Disacc@Onelist. Com" <disacc@onelist.com>, "w3c-wai-ig@w3.org" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
For a blindness simulation get some screen reading software (JAWS etc) or a
voice browser (PW Webspeak) and try to use the site with the monitor turned
off.
The user experience of some other physical disabilities may be simulated by
not using the mouse at all and relying on the keyboard exclusively.
These two tests can be very enlightening.

-Jamie Fox