Links to Images

From: Gerald G. Weichbrodt <gerald.g.weichbrodt@ived.gm.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 16:48:33 -0400
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hi all.  Is it generally considered bad HTML form to have a hypertext link
in a document that goes right to an image? It seems to me that such links
generally go to an image that's complex enough that the author intended to
fill the whole screen with it, and yet I can't think how one would provide a
text-accessible description for such an image if the image isn't contained
in anything.  Is this a reasonable way to think about this issue?

One other quick question:  Can anybody tell me where to look for a
description of the proper use of the longdesc attribute?

Thanks,
Jerry Weichbrodt