From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On Behalf
Of Charles McCathieNevile
Sent: Friday, April 07, 2000 5:52 PM
To: Leonard R. Kasday
Cc: Bruce Bailey; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; jpledger@mindspring.com; Marjolein
Katsma
Subject: RE: Seeking guidance...

At some point it is up to the screenreader to work properly. If the authors
have done what is necessary to amke sure that access is possible (including
ensure that the script stuff is not necessary to understand the page) there
needs to be some work done by people who provide access to the content
through software such as browsers and assistive technologies.

Having a way of authoring that supports accessibility is vital for
accessibility, but unless there are also user agents that support
accessibility the web will still be only for some people.

Charles McCN