RE: P.C. & MACS

Yes.  Use the W3C Validator!  (Really!)

The differences between Web surfing on the Mac and PC is about equivalent
to the differences between the various versions of IE and Navigator.  For
example, IE 4.5 on the Mac is a little different than IE 4.5 for Windows,
but there is more difference between IE 5.01 (Win) and IE 4.01 (Win) -- and
more difference between IE 4x and Navigator 4x.

Most Mac browsers (everything before the most current rev. of IE) get some
characters wrong.  Why this is not more of a scandal surprises me.  I could
not locate a good URL to tell you exactly which ones, but they don't come
up much.

Poorly done Java and JavaScript is more of a problem for Mac users.

I surf with both platforms routinely.  More is the same than is different.