RE: Problem with ACRONYM and ABBR

From: Charles F. Munat <charles@munat.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 22:35:06 -0800
To: "Ricardo Sanchez" <rsv@retemail.es>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I've run into this problem with Navigator on the PC as well. As my sites are dynamically generated, I've programmed them to substitute <span title="whatever"></span> instead of ABBR or ACRONYM. Though frankly, it doesn't really make any difference since Nav 4.04 doesn't do anything with the tags anyway. It's just easier for me to swap span for abbr than to remove the entire tag.

Good luck.

C. Munat,
Munat, Inc.
Seattle, Washington