Re: College Policies on Accessible Web Page Design

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 12:11:11 -0800
To: Kelly Ford <kford@teleport.com>
Cc: "Paul Bohman" <paulb@cpd2.usu.edu>, <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
At 12:04 PM 11/22/1999 , Kelly Ford wrote:
>Does your policy address services provided to your college web site by
>external vendors?  The reason I'm seeking accessible web policies is to
>help gain some support for my view that a service my employer has
>contracted with to put a college bookstore online must be accessible or
>provide an accessible alternative service.

Hi, Kelly and Paul, I would be interested in this too.  As I mentioned
earlier this month, the HTML Writers Guild (obviously not a college,
but at least, an educational organization) has recently adopted a
policy similar to that which you describe -- we require that our
"partners" who provide services to our members do so in an accessible
way, so as not to exclude our HWG members who have disabilities.