text to speech software

From: jonathan chetwynd <jonathan@signbrowser.free-online.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:15:32 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
There have been various threads concerned with the issue as to why it is
necessary to provide graphics as well as text.
For people that cannot read, text to speech software seems to offer a
solution.
Those with cognitive disabilities would also need clear and simple
sentences.

However I can now tell you that at our new college, which is well supplied
with computers there are no soundcards or speakers, so no use for this
software.

Jonathan Chetwynd
jay@peepo.com

Search the www with pictures at