Re: Single Browser Intranets (was: Web Accessibility Myths)

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 22:09:51 +0200
To: tvraman@us.ibm.com
CC: "Gregory J. Rosmaita" <unagi69@concentric.net>, W3c-wai-pf@w3.org, W3c-wai-ig@w3.org

"T. V. Raman" wrote:

> 5) You can get to the usenet and news searches from Emacs/W3
>    through the graphics page, but it wont do you much good, because they check the browser
>    before serving you the answer, and throw you out if
>    you're not IE or Netscape.
> The page comes up saying "go get a frames capable browser"
> --emacs/W3 is frames capable though they dont acknowledge this.

 I tried this with Opera3.6 (which identifies itself with a "mozilla"
string as well as saying that it is Opera - and got the same page as
with IE or Netscape.

I tried using Amaya 2.2 as well,  but though it displayed the start page
I could not operate the search button since it is just an image witha
name (whichleads me to suspect that it hooks into a script, which I
think Amaya removed from the page on loading it).

--
Chris