Re: Single Browser Intranets (was: Web Accessibility Myths)

From: Ann Navarro <ann@webgeek.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 15:56:36 -0400
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:38 PM 10/24/99 -0700, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

>With all respect intended towards Charles, the W3C is _not_ a
>typical organization at all and therefore makes a terrible model
>to say "look, we have 50 people with 8 different browsers."

Kynn has a good point, and one we have to remind other web developers of
sometimes: we (and by that I mean web enthusiasts, developers, and other
computer geeks) aren't a very good reference pool, since by definition
we're aware of the latest and greatest trends, and tend to have powerful
computers and up-to-the-minute copies of software.

Ann
--
Ann Navarro
Author: Effective Web Design: Master the Essentials,
Due 10/99 - Mastering XML,12/99 HTML By Example, 2nd Ed.

Founder, WebGeek Communications http://www.webgeek.com/
Director, Online Education-HTML Writers Guild, http://www.hwg.org/