Re: SFSU and the ADA

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 11:11:52 -0700
To: Scott Luebking <phoenixl@netcom.com>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
SL::  "Basically, SFSU is attempting to defend itself against an ADA
lawsuit by claiming that the ADA violates the 11th Amendment and is
therefore at least partly unconstitutional."

WL: In much the same way as all civil rights legislation "violates" that
amendment by prohibiting discriminatory behavior in violation of
"states' rights" - the old "we know what's best for our Nigrahs"
priniciple.
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE