Keyboard navigation in a web page

From: Lakespur Roca <lake@netscape.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 14:33:25 -0700
To: Accesability list <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
I didn't get a response to my inquiry earlier so I thought I'd try again
but being more specific.

Netscape is working as we speak on a new browser. I have the
responsibility of finding where the keyboard navigation through a web
page can be fixed or improved. What I would like to know from you is are
there specific areas where keyboard navigation through a page can be
improved or breaks.
Do you want a to skip to the bottom of a table? Are the methods of
visually showing what has focus easy to see? Does tabbing through the
items in a page work for you? What do you think about Shift+Tab to "Tab"
backwards through a page? Is there something that works real well that
you don't want touched? These are the kinds of things I would like to
know.

Lake Roca
Usability Engineer
Netscape communications