Re: Where are guidelines about overuse of <font size> and <table>?

From: Lynn Alford <Lynn.Alford@jcu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:44:37 +1000
To: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>, dd@w3.org
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:01 PM -0500 8/3/99, Kynn Bartlett wrote:
>At 09:00 a.m. 03/08/99 +0100, Daniel Dardailler wrote:
>>> There appears to be no link on the WAI homepage to the web
>>> content checklist, but there probably should be; the URL for
>>> that is:
>
>>One of the first link off the WAI Home page is
>>   (26 Feb) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines
>>What else do we need ?
>
>The WCAG isn't a direct link to the checklist; since many people
>will want "instant info", it would be good to have the checklist
>link at the same place the Quicktips are listed.  (Also, the
>quicktips need better link text or a description.)

I agree with this suggestion.  The list of accessibility checkpoints ought
to have a separate and easily found link on the WAI homepage.  It does have
more information then the Quicktips, but is less intimidating than the full
Authoring guidelines page.  It already does have the links to the full
page, so if someone wants more information on why they should "Avoid any
blinking or updating of the screen that causes flicker." they can find more
information.

Lynn

lynn.alford@jcu.edu.au | More of your conversation would infect
Teaching and Staff     | my brain.  Coriolanus
Development            | http://www.ultra.net.au/~alford/
Game Review pages at http://www.ultra.net.au/~alford/games2.html