RE: [Fwd: New Distance Learning Technology-Invitation To Beta Test]

I can't resist!
So we, as visually impaired users, are being asked to participate in a
driver's ed. course specifically designed to be accessible to visually
impaired users? What's wrong with this situation? <smile>

Seriously folks, making distance learning software accessible could be a
big win for blind and visually impaired people. I think your doing a great
job Mr. Kute.

On Monday, March 08, 1999 5:09 PM, David Poehlman [SMTP:poehlman@clark.net]
wrote:

> ...putting me behind the wheel?...
>
> Isaac Kute wrote:
> >
> > The Royal London Society for the Blind and Eyecue Ltd. would like to
> >
> > extend an invitation to you and your members to participate in a BETA
> >
> > PROGRAMME for the new 'Dorton at a Distance' ECDL course.
> >
> > The European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL) is the first Open and
> >
> > Distance Learning Course available under the Dorton at a Distance
> Programme.
> >
> > The course material and the delivery mechanism have both been
> specifically
> >
> > adapted to enable access by visually impaired computer users.
> >
> > The ECDL and other courses to come are being delivered using
breakthrough

> > Internet technology using the VITA System (Visually Impaired Training
> >
> > Archive).
> >
> > Whilst we are confident that the VITA software is stable, there will
> >
> > always be room for improvement in the accessibility and usability of
the

> > software, and it is only through the feedback of a wide range of real
> >
> > users that the optimal configuration will be achieved.
> >
> > This is a real opportunity for you to be heard and for you to
> >
> > get your accessibility needs met.
> >
> > Details of this exciting technology can be found on our Web site.
Simply