RE: URL attached this time. Still seeking evaluation.

From: Robert C. Neff <rcn@fenix2.dol-esa.gov>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 12:36:55 -0500
To: "'w3c-wai-ig@w3.org'" <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
When I use the defaults in IE 3 and turn off style sheets, I get green
letter on gray background.

For IE and NN version 4, even if the user accepts the page designer's
colors, the issue is Green on Black can be difficult to read by some
people.  If you are color blind, the green may appear gray.  The green's
tone can also cause problems for people with astigmatism, like me! The
green that is used is darker, would try for a lighter color for more
contrast.
Here are some references:
Partial Sight, <http://www.lighthouse.org/print_leg.htm>
Color Contrast and Partial Sight ,