Re: Define Disability FIRST

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn-hwg@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 12:55:42 -0700
To: Lovey@aol.com
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
At 12:52 PM 6/11/1999 , Lovey@aol.com wrote:
>First define disability.

Why?  I view that anyone should be able to access
information, regardless of whether or not they have
a "disability."

Your access shouldn't be _limited_ because you have a
certain quality about you that other people don't have.
Regardless if we call that a "disability" or not, it
should not interfere with your ability to access content
on the Internet.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to define "accessibility"
with having a strict definition of "disability" as long as
your accessibility definition doesn't speak _only_ about
access for people who fit that disability definition.