Re: Text to speech

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charlesn@sunrise.srl.rmit.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1998 11:13:20 +1000 (EST)
To: Eric Engelmann <eric_engelmann@inlet.com>
cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Have a look at the sigtuna browser, a speech output browser for WinNT
(and 95?), for unix systems TVRaman at adobe has written a piece of
software called emacspeak, which can be used alongside EMACs and the W3
browser package - Jason White in Melbourne uses such a system.

Sigtuna relies on a speech system being present already. I don't know if
there is one available for free, but I would suspect they can be got for
very little.

That's all the freeware I know about...

charles mccathienevile