RE: Frames sites.

Hi Harvey,

	Thanks for your posting  and noting that the credit for that
framed site was <!-- Lotus Domino Web Server Release 4.51 (Gold, Build
202 on Windows

From some of the other responses to your post, I'm not sure everyone
realize that you were pointing out that the "author" of that site was
not a person, but a computer program.  I think there is a very great
threat to accessability on the web here.  Automatic web authoring
programs are bound to have a lot of appeal because of the obvious
financial benefits.  If these programs crank out inaccessable web pages,
the number of inaccessable sites will proliferate at a very rapid rate.

As I understand it, Lotus Domino can build a web page using elements of
a data base and the data base can contain purely graphical elements.
From all the discussion on alt text, etc., I don't see how a computer
program is ever going to be smart enough to know how a graphic should be
described.  This would take a very sophisticated artificial intelligence
program.  Is anyone addressing how text descriptions are going to be
linked to the graphics in this situation?

Joe Roeder
Voice:  (703) 578-6524
FAX:  (703) 998-4217