RE: Frames sites.

At 01:52 p.m. 03/09/98 -0500, Joe Roeder wrote:
>	Thanks for your posting  and noting that the credit for that
>framed site was <!-- Lotus Domino Web Server Release 4.51 (Gold, Build
>202 on Windows

>>From some of the other responses to your post, I'm not sure everyone
>realize that you were pointing out that the "author" of that site was
>not a person, but a computer program.  I think there is a very great
>threat to accessability on the web here.

Question:  Can anyone recommend a good editor program for creating
web pages that newbies can use, but doesn't produce anti-accessible
HTML?  I ask this because in my Day Job, I'm the Web Communcations
Manager for Claremont Graduate University, and many of our pages
are made by staff or faculty or student assistants with little time
to learn HTML, but with content they need to get on the web.

Currently, I recommend Netscape Composer, because it's free, and it's
already on their computers anyway.  However, it produces some fugly
HTML code, and isn't big on accessibility features (although I'll
be writing a "how to use Composer to not make suckful pages" doc
soon...).

Is there anything that _does_ produce at least valid code, doesn't
mess up existing markup, and has considerations for accessibility
built in?

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
Governing Board Member, HTML Writers Guild