Re: Plan of Work

to follow up on what Daniel Dardailler said:

> in
> http://www.access.digex.net/%7Easgilman/web-access/wai-hc-draft-plan.htmln
>
> you wrote:
>
>   Changes are prepared as replacement files following the same file
>   decomposition as the base document. Replacement files shall have
>   wai-hc-alt-, wai-hc-ref-, wai-hc-tbl-, or wai-hc-etc- prefixed to the
>   names of their BASE file depending on the work area in which the
>   originate.
>

> I think it's too much investment and editing work for documents that
> continue to evolve at the same time.
>
> I'd rather have well described proposal using the wording and quote
> section number and paragraph of the logical spec content but not do
> anything mimicking the current HTML/CSS spec file layout.

It is hard to review this material without the web of links to
element and attribute definitions in place.  That is why I would
like to be able to offer Interest Group members a virtual document
with the changes and non-changes integrated.

It is easier to see "what we failed to notice that also needs to
change" in this format.

We could pick a version and do our proposals as changes relative
to that version, regarless of what is latest.  I bet the HTML
editing team could deal with that in the meet/edit process.

I don't know about CSS.  There are lots of issues there.  We
need something releasable to the public for IG review of our
change proposals.  If it is more dynamic, we may not want to
tie ourselves to change pages, as you say.  But I think that
HTML is very stable and we can base off it.  We don't have
to do exactly the same thing for the two documents.

-- Al