Re: List image bullet

From: T. V. Raman <raman@Adobe.COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 07:18:36 -0700
To: dd@w3.org
Cc: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>, WAI HC Working Group <w3c-wai-hc@w3.org>
I would agree with Hakon.

Style sheets should be used to help out in the case of more generic bullets
like redball.gif
--given that one of the hoped for results of deploying CSS is that
html pages will take less time to download because authors no longer need to
embed gifs for obtaining stylized bullets,
the style sheet would also be the right place for mapping a generic set of
gifs to a generic set of semantic attributes, e.g. bullet.

But where a bullet is more specific e.g. *WARNING*
the style sheet is the wrong place to stick that information in.

--
Best Regards,
--raman

      Adobe Systems                 Tel: 1 (408) 536 3945   (W14-129)
      Advanced Technology Group     Fax: 1 (408) 537 4042
      (W14 129) 345 Park Avenue     Email: raman@adobe.com
      San Jose , CA 95110 -2704     Email:  raman@cs.cornell.edu
      http://labrador.corp.adobe.com/~raman/        (Adobe Intranet)
      http://cs.cornell.edu/home/raman/raman.html    (Cornell)
    Disclaimer: The opinions expressed are my own and in no way should be taken
as representative of my employer, Adobe Systems Inc.