Re: Essential Controls

On 18/07/2019 20:34, Rachael Bradley Montgomery wrote:
> Jon,
>
> I believe the intent of this SC was that scrolling of any kind,
> including auto-scrolling, would not be needed.  That makes designing
> long forms with numerous optional fields more difficult to design for
> but other techniques such as pagination, collapsible, and thoughtful
> placement of required fields within the process can be used to address
> this SC.

This will be extremely challenging, if not impossible, on smaller/mobile
screens, particularly in landscape mode.

I'd also caution that simply saying outright that scrolling is not
allowed will have many ramifications - how does this interact with other
SCs and requirements, like being able to zoom to 200% at least (which
would then half the amount of available screen real estate)? And at what
screen/browser window resolution?

A priori, I can foresee a lot of pushback on this (not least from me,
I'm afraid)

Patrick H. Lauke