1.4.4 Text Resize question

From: Cynthia Shelly <cyns@exchange.microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 13:39:11 -0800
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

I'm evaluating a site against WCAG 2.0, and I've run into an edge case for 1.4.4.

The page contains a table that is clipped so that there is a loss of content.  Seems like it would fail 1.4.4, except... It's clipped with the default text size too.  There's a loss of content for all users.  Clearly this is a bug, but is it a failure of 1.4.4?  I'm inclined to say No, because there the content is missing for everyone.  Thoughts?  Something we need to clarify in the understanding?