RE: Summary of arguments FOR validity -- and another against -- and a third of alternatives

From: <Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 17:19:06 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

> Anyone - any others?

I have stated my opinion [1] and responded to comments [2], [3], [4] on
this matter in the previous thread so I won't repeat it here.   I didn't
see my concern in the previous summaries  of arguments against validity so
I wanted to add it.

a level 1 validation requirement may prevent innovation of new
technologies that use new attributes not included in current
specifications (for example implementation of the DHTML roadmap [5]  using
HTML).

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005AprJun/0894.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005AprJun/0923.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2005AprJun/0937.html