Re: Summary of arguments FOR validity -- and another against -- and a third of alternatives

From: Carlos A Velasco <Carlos.Velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:51:25 +0100
To: Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

Hi Becky,

With the due respect, ..

Becky_Gibson@notesdev.ibm.com wrote:

> a level 1 validation requirement may prevent innovation of new
> technologies that use new attributes not included in current
> specifications (for example implementation of the DHTML roadmap [5]  using
> HTML).
> [5] http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/roadmap/DHTMLRoadmap110505.html

that argument does not hold. The roadmap is defining extensions, and
thus they define new attributes, namespaces, etc. You *should be able to
validate* against these extensions, which I hope we can do when PF
finishes that piece of work.

BTW, this argument of *validity against innovation*, I heard it many
times, but replacing validity with accessibility. Very surprised to hear
it in this forum, though.

regards,
carlos

--
Dr Carlos A Velasco - http://access.fit.fraunhofer.de/
Fraunhofer-Institut für Angewandte Informationstechnik FIT