Re: Validity

From: Gez Lemon <gez.lemon@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 17:13:18 +0000
To: Bob Regan <bregan@macromedia.com>

Hi Bob,

On 04/11/05, Bob Regan <bregan@macromedia.com> wrote:
> I believe there needs to be a mechanism whereby an author may deviate
> from valid code for reasons specific to accessibility for the audience
> defined in their own baseline.

That would be a great start to working towards some kind of
compromise, which I believe was the intent of guideline 4.1 before the
meeting in Brussels. Would validity be considered acceptable if there
was an exception for instances where non-conformance improved
accessibility without degradation to other users?

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins