Re: Balancing the myth-busting

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:12:00 -0400
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

>In passing I find it interesting to note this from the Juicy Studio article:
>
>>This document declares a DOCTYPE of HTML 4.01 Strict, which does
>>not support the target attribute on links. The following link has a
>>target attribute that has been added through DOM injection ... "
>
>And the validator finds no errors on the page, since the validator
>does not support Javascript - naturally - and hence see the
>*original*, target-less, source.

The validator's limitations make its results incorrect. Hence it is
exactly the sort of edge case Gez's document was intended to test.

>Given time, we'll have a closer look at Juicy Studios test
>documents, and run them through our own siteSifter system. I'm
>fairly certain that it will prove interesting.

And I trust you will fully and accurately report the results even if
your product is as bad as the others.

--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Expect criticism if you top-post