Re: Balancing the myth-busting

On  9 Aug, Joe Clark wrote:

>>And the validator finds no errors on the page, since the validator
>>does not support Javascript - naturally - and hence see the
>>*original*, target-less, source.
>
> The validator's limitations make its results incorrect. Hence it is
> exactly the sort of edge case Gez's document was intended to test.

  Not really. The article was aimed at testing accessibility tools.
  The validator test syntax, and it does exactly what it says on the
  box.

  If the client or author *changes* that syntax, that is a different
  matter.

  We must stress the correct use of the correct tools. Both automated
  and non-automated testing have their place.

   [+46] 0708 557 905