Re: Exploding the myth of automated accessibility checking

From: Joe Clark <joeclark@joeclark.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:51:33 -0400
To: WAI-GL <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

>It's a common misconception that the test suite is oriented towards
>machine tests. Please do not contribute to this misconception.

When the Working Group starts being consistent about which guidelines
may use human testing (e.g., presence of *appropriate* alt text) or
may not (e.g., semantic markup), I will be less critical of the bias
toward machine testing (and away from actually competent Web
development).
--

     Joe Clark | joeclark@joeclark.org
     Expect criticism if you top-post