RE: [techs] test case reviews

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:59:26 -0400
To: Rob Haverty <robhav@exchange.microsoft.com>, "Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)" <rscano@iwa-italy.org>, <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>

At 11:53 AM 7/27/2005, Rob Haverty wrote:
>Forgive my ignorance since I am new to this group but I thought the goal
>was to ensure that a test case existed for every guideline.  It seems to
>me that the general test case below "labels should be positioned close
>to the control" should be retained.

We plan to have a technique for each success criterion and each technique
should have a test case. however, there is no WCAG 2.0 success criterion
that states "labels should be positioned close to the control."

Currently, we have a deprecated technique but that technique only exists to
explain that the WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint is no longer necessary.  Instead,
explicit association between label and control is the appropriate technique.

--wendy

     [1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#formlabel-position>