[techs] test case reviews

From: Wendy Chisholm <wendy@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:55:35 -0400
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Hello,

I was assigned the following test cases to review:
    * <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test122.html>INPUT element
LABEL, TYPE of "password", should be positioned close to control.
    * <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test123.html>INPUT element
LABEL, TYPE of "checkbox", should be positioned close to control.
    * <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test124.html>INPUT element
LABEL, TYPE of "file", should be positioned close to control.
    * <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test125.html>INPUT element
LABEL, TYPE of "radio", should be positioned close to control.
    * <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/tests/test96.html>TEXTAREA control
LABELs should be positioned close to control.
These are related to WCAG 1.0 Checkpoint 10.2. Currently, the related
technique is considered a "fallback technique" [1] in HTML Techniques.
Plus, positioning shouldn't matter if labels are explicitly associated with
controls.  Therefore, I don't think we need the technique except to explain
the rationale for deprecating it to support the transition from WCAG 1.0 to
WCAG 2.0.

I propose we delete all 5 of these tests.

--wendy

[1] <http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-HTML-TECHS/#formlabel-position>