From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Ben Caldwell
Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 11:58 am
To: WCAG-WG
Subject: content arranged in a sequence that affects meaning

Hello,

At last week's meeting, we resolved to move the following level 3
success criterion from guideline 3.2 to guideline 1.3:

When content is arranged in a sequence that affects its meaning, that
sequence can be determined programmatically.

Here's the resolution (from the 13 June minutes):

resolution: Move GL 3.2 Level 3 SC 5 (When content is arranged in a
sequence that affects its meaning, that sequence can be determined
programmatically.) to 1.3 because using correct semantics fixes this
problem. Is there another success criteria that addresses this?

In reviewing the draft, I noticed that the criterion was removed from
guideline 3.2, but never added to guideline 1.3. Given the questions in
the resolution about whether there are other other criteria that address

this, I wanted to raise this as an additional question for tomorrow's
call.

I'm not sure if this was considered in the work sessions around
guideline 1.3 last week or not and was unable to find a resolution that
indicated that it should have been deleted. So, for now, I've added the
criterion to guideline 1.3 in the proposed resolutions draft at level 3
for discussion [1] and have included an editorial note that highlights
the questions raised in the above resolution.

Thanks,

-Ben

[1] http://tinyurl.com/8np3p