Re: Re : Influence of valid code on screen readers

----- Messaggio originale -----
    Da: "Matt May"<mcmay@w3.org>
    Inviato: 17/06/05 23.40.57
    A: "Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)"<rscano@iwa-italy.org>
    Cc: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org"<w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
    Oggetto: Re: Re : Influence of valid code on screen readers

    Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG) wrote:

    >Sorry Matt but when wysiwyg producers, also for web standards group support, are moving to product editors that permit generation of conform code, at now we said: guys, you can prepare your tag soup everyday!

    Instructions for authoring tool developers go into the Authoring Tool
    Accessibility Guidelines, not WCAG. We had specified in the ATAG
    document that output must conform to WCAG, noting that WCAG specified
    validity. When they learn that validity is not a part of WCAG anymore,
    they will likely add it as an explicit requirement in ATAG 2.
    ATAG-conforming authoring tools will never introduce tag soup.

Roberto:
Ok, me and you are atag wg member so we know that we should add it now independently to wcag.

Matt May:
    I don't think anybody believes that 2007 will be the era of XHTML 2.0,
    least of all the HTML WG. It's going to take years to get to end-to-end
    validity as a requirement. But the good news is, when XHTML 2 is a
    viable platform, valid code will be a technical requirement of the
    language, and so we _still_ won't need to specify it in WCAG.

    Roberto:
Like should be now for xhtml (w3c rec. Of 2000) :)