RE: summary of resolutions from last 2 days

We currently have SC for that issue.  1.4 L2 SC1,2

-----Original Message-----
From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of Roberto Scano (IWA/HWG)
Sent: Tuesday, June 14, 2005 11:43 PM
To: mcmay@w3.org; joeclark@joeclark.org
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: summary of resolutions from last 2 days

if u declare a dtd and not respect it, it's a dtd violation: br is an
example and if people said: "why it's wrong" means that they don't know
what they are doing.
As Joe said, we are in application/xhtml+xml era, and for
application/xml markup conformance is required for correct
representation. Web (html) is the only language that authorize
representation of non-conformed content (except of mosaic).
Moving to level 2 means make possibily inaccessible pages for all.
I hope we don't make the same error of wcag 1.0 where colour contrast
for text was level 3 and for images level 2: a well conformed page that
respect all level 1 and 2 checkpoint with all text and background of the
same text colour (eg. Black) is formally wcag 1.0 AA but inaccessible to
the largest audience (people without disability/AT)